Downloading and Installing theHunter Launcher
Once you are happy with the web site its time to download the theHunter Launcher. This is a little application that downloads and automatically updates the main game. Here is a step by step guide on how to download and install the theHunter Launcher: IMPORTANT: You must be logged in to the web site to download the theHunter Launcher.
1. When logged in to the web site, navigate to The Hunt page (click The Hunt in the main menu bar).
2. Click on ‘Install the Game’ on the right hand side of the page next to the Hunt Now button.
3. You will be taken to another page. Here you must click on ‘Install the theHunter Launcher Application.
4. Save the theHunter Launcher Setup.exe to a location on your computer (remember where this location is).
5. Once downloaded, run the theHunter Launcher Setup.exe. 6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the theHunter Launcher.
Please Note: The theHunter Launcher will also install a program called vcredist, this is a required element but you may already have it installed (as many games use it). If this is the case just choose to repair the application and it will be installed over the top of your previous vcredist (this will not cause any other applications to stop working it will just make sure you have the complete install of vcredist).
Downloading and installing the 3D Client
Once you have the theHunter Launcher Installed the last step before you can start playing the game is to download the 3D client. IMPORTANT: You must be logged in to the web site and have theHunter Launcher installed to download the 3D client.
1. In the Web site navigate to Hunt Now page, by clicking on Hunt Now in the menu bar.
2. Click on Go Hunting on the right hand side of the page.
3. This will launch the theHunter Launcher, which will pop up a window showing you that it is downloading the game and giving you an estimated download time. If you are downloading via a torrent, the theHunter Launcher knows how much of the game you have downloaded and which files you still need so do not worry if you have to stop the download at any time you can simply pick up from where you left off by clicking on Hunt Now again.
4. Once the game has finished downloading you can close the window.
The 3D client is now installed. It is worth noting that you can close the window at any time if you wish and the theHunter Launcher will minimize to the system tray. You can re-open the theHunter Launcher and check the status of your download by double clicking on the theHunter Launcher icon in the system tray. If you have selected run game after download then the game will auto launch when the download is complete.
Please Note: Specific elements of DirectX that are required to run the game will be installed during the installation process. These elements must be installed regardless of whether you already have DirectX 10 or 11 on your PC.