The following video cards are supported by theHunter.
- Nvidia: 7 Series (7600 or better)
- ATI: X1800 (or better)
- Video Cards with minimum support of Shader Model 3.0
What is critical is that the video card must support Shader Model 3.0 or better. That typically means that laptop or integrated video cards, like most from Intel and SiS, will not run the game. For more information about shader compatibility on Intel chips, please see this page at Intel.
If you have an Intel Integrated videocard that supports Shader Model 3.0, please make sure you have the latest Intel drivers. You can check if you do through Intel's Driver Test
If you still have problems please make sure that...
- Make sure you are using the latest video card drivers. Latest drivers may be found at the manufacturer's website (Nvidia or ATI).
- Make sure you are using DirectX 9.0c or later. Download The latest DirectX End-User Runtime (version 9) from Microsoft. This download can help with various graphical issues, install issues, game performance problems, etc
It's saying I don't have support for Shader Model 3.0?
Shader Model is a hardware feature of your video cards, it's not something you can update with software. You basically need a more modern video card in your computer.
- If you're missing DirectX the Shader Model version may be reported as not supported, which it actually is by the hardware. Make sure to install DirectX and update your video card drivers as instructed above.
Steps to identify your DirectX version
- Press the Windows key and R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Open field type dxdiag and click the OK button.
- When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool has opened you'll find the field DirectX Version near the bottom that lists your current installed version.
Steps to identify your video card and driver version
- Follow the same steps to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool as outlined above to identify your DirectX version.
- Click the Display tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Name and Manufacturer is listed in the Device section. In the Drivers section you see Version of your current video card driver.
How to save information about your hardware to a file
When getting in contact with the support team it is often helpful to also include information about your current hardware.
- Follow the same steps to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool as outlined above.
- Click the Save All Information... button at the lower right of the window.
- Save the file and remember the location (default filename is DxDiag.txt).
- Attach the DxDiag.txt file to your email when emailing theHunter support.