This could be for any number of reasons and will depend on whether you are running the game through Steam or the web launcher. Try the following fixes carefully and in order:
- Download your relevant graphics card software and make sure it's updated
Select NVIDIA GeForce Experience, or AMD Radeon Software
Check for manual updates for older models from ATI/AMD, or Intel HD Graphics Cards
- Make sure your Dedicated Graphics Card is running the game (click here for details)
- Try disabling multiple displays (Disconnect all secondary monitors), and check if your Game Settings for Resolution matches the resolution of your current monitor
- From game settings, set Multisample Anti-Aliasing to "1x" and Anisotropic Filtering "Off". If that solves your problem, you can adjust them gradually
- Try closing programs running in the background, especially overlays and streaming software.
- If you are running the game through Steam, Verify integrity of game files:
a) Via Steam open your game library
b) Right click on theHunter Classic and select "Properties"
c) Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab and click on "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
d) Try to start a hunt
- If the above did not help: perform clean installation on your C: drive following these steps in order:
a) Uninstall theHunter Classic through Control Panel (and through Steam, if any)
b) Manually delete theHunter Steam folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter (if any)
c) Delete theHunter Application Data: Press Windows +R >> type %appdata% >> Press Enter and delete "theHunter", "theHunterSteam", "LauncherSettings_live.cfg", "TheHunterSettings_live", and "TheHunterSettings_steam_live.cfg"
d) Restart your PC
e) Temporarily disable your antivirus and reinstall theHunter, preferably from Steam for its diagnostics and troubleshooting benefits providing smooth updates constantly. Log in to your Steam account (or create a free one) and download the game
f) Verify integrity of game files as mentioned earlier
g) Turn your antivirus and firewall back on after testing the game
- If the issue persists, please submit a request with the details/screenshots of the problem including your DxDiag and MSInfo files (in .txt format) and let us know that you have completed all of the above. Check out this article on how to obtain them.