This could be for any number of reasons and will depend on whether you are running the game through Steam or the web launcher. Try the following fixes carefully and in order:
- Download your relevant graphics card software and make sure it's updated
Select NVIDIA GeForce Experience, or AMD Radeon Software.
Check for manual updates for older models from ATI/AMD, or Intel HD Graphics Cards.
- Make sure your Dedicated Graphics Card is running the game (See this article for NVIDIA Cards).
- Try disabling multiple displays (Disconnect all secondary monitors), and check if your Game Settings for Resolution matches the resolution of your current monitor. Reboot your computer then try launching a game session.
- If you do not have a high-end PC, try running the game on the lowest Graphic Settings (other than resolution). Set Multisample Anti-Aliasing to "1x" and Anisotropic Filtering "Off". If that solves your problem, you can adjust them gradually.
- Try closing all running programs, overlays and streaming software. Check for irrelevantly running process from your Task Manager.
- If you are running the game through Steam, Verify integrity of game files:
a) Via Steam open your game library
b) Right click on theHunter Classic and select "Properties"
c) Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab and click on "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
d) Exit Steam, Reboot your PC and try launching a game session
- If the above did not help: perform clean installation on your C: drive following these steps in order:
a) Uninstall theHunter Classic through Control Panel (and through Steam, if any)
b) Manually delete theHunter Steam folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter (if any)
c) Delete temporary files: Press Windows Key + R >> type %temp% >> Press Enter and delete all files and folders.
d) Delete theHunter Application Data: Press Windows +R >> type %appdata% >> Press Enter and delete "theHunter", "theHunterSteam", "LauncherSettings_live.cfg", "TheHunterSettings_live", and "TheHunterSettings_steam_live.cfg"
e) Restart your Computer
f) Temporarily disable your antivirus and reinstall theHunter. You can also install it from Steam which will help with smooth updates constantly. Log in to your Steam account (or create a free one) and download the game.
g) Verify integrity of game files as mentioned earlier
h) Turn your antivirus and firewall back on after testing the game
- If the above did not help, submit a request including your DxDiag and MSInfo files (in .txt format) and let us know that you have completed all of the above. Check out these articles on how to obtain DxDiag file, and MSInfo file.