If you are experiencing an issue downloading or installing the game or one of the updates, please go through the following list of fixes:
- Make sure you install the game as Administrator.
- Download your relevant graphics card software and make sure it's updated
Select NVIDIA GeForce Experience, or AMD Radeon Software
Check for manual updates for older models from ATI/AMD, or Intel HD Graphics Cards
- If you are running Windows 7, Please uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and 2012 (both x64 and x86 versions), then re-download them from Microsoft Download Centre. Here are some reference links:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
- Make sure your Windows Update Centre has been updating your PC successfully. Manually check for available updates and make sure that a successful connection confirmed no pending ones.
- Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan using these simple steps. If you do not see this message at the end: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations", your Windows will need to be repaired or reset.
- If the above did not help: perform clean installation on your C: drive following these steps in order:
a) Uninstall theHunter Classic through Control Panel (and through Steam, if any)
b) Manually delete theHunter Steam folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter (if any)
c) Delete theHunter Application Data: Press Windows +R >> type %appdata% >> Press Enter and delete "theHunter", "theHunterSteam", "LauncherSettings_live.cfg", "TheHunterSettings_live", and "TheHunterSettings_steam_live.cfg"d) Restart your PC
e) Temporarily disable your antivirus and reinstall theHunter, preferably from Steam for its diagnostics and troubleshooting benefits providing smooth updates constantly. Log in to your Steam account (or create a free one) and download the game
f) Verify integrity of game files
g) Turn your antivirus and firewall back on after testing the game
- Verify integrity of game files:
a) Via Steam open your game library
b) Right click on theHunter Classic and select "Properties"
c) Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab and click on "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
d) Try to start a hunt
- If the issue persists, please submit a request with the details/screenshots of the problem including your DxDiag and MSInfo files (in .txt format) and let us know that you have completed all of the above. Check out this article on how to obtain them.