This could be for any number of reasons and will depend on whether you are running the game through Steam or the web launcher. Please try the following fixes carefully and in order:
Contents (Use🔺to return)
- Check your graphics card software and make sure it's updated
- Make sure your Dedicated Graphics Card is running the game
- Disable multiple displays
- Adjust anti-aliasing & anisotropic filtering settings
- Disable programs interfering with Steam
- Verify game file integrity
- Perform a "clean" installation of the game
- Ensure you have all C++ redistributables
- Make sure your PC is fully updated
- Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan
- Check the integrity of your Windows installation
- Submit a Support request
1. Check your graphics card software and make sure it's updated
2. Make sure your Dedicated Graphics Card is running the game
3. Disable multiple displays
Disconnect all secondary monitors, and check if your Game Settings for Resolution matches the resolution of your current monitor.
4. Adjust anti-aliasing & anisotropic filtering settings
From game settings, set Multisample Anti-Aliasing to "1x" and Anisotropic Filtering "Off". If that solves your problem, you can adjust them gradually
5. Disable programs interfering with Steam
Search for, and disable/troubleshoot programs that could potentially interfere with Steam. Most notably:
- Turn off Steam overlay
- Disable background programs for recording and screen capturing
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software
6. Verify game file integrity
- Via Steam open your game library
- Right click on the game title and select "Properties"
- Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab and click on "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
- Start a game session
7. Perform a "clean" installation of the game
Perform clean installation on your C: drive following these steps in order:
- Uninstall theHunter Classic through Control Panel (and through Steam, if any)
- Manually delete theHunter Steam folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter (if any)
- Delete theHunter Application Data: Press Windows +R >> type %appdata% >> Press Enter and delete "theHunter", "theHunterSteam", "LauncherSettings_live.cfg", "TheHunterSettings_live", and "TheHunterSettings_steam_live.cfg"
- Restart your PC
- Temporarily disable your antivirus and reinstall theHunter Classic through Steam
- Verify integrity of game files as mentioned earlier
- Turn your antivirus and firewall back on after testing the game
8. Ensure you have all C++ redistributables
Uninstall ALL Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables and download the latest ones from Microsoft Download Centre. We recommend installing all of them. Make sure you have BOTH the 32bit(x86) and 64bit(x64) versions of the 2010 package.
9. Make sure your PC is fully updated
Make sure your Windows Update Centre has been updating your PC successfully. Manually check for available updates and make sure that a successful connection confirmed no pending ones.
10. Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan
Using these simple steps. If you do not see this message at the end: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations", your Windows will need to be repaired or reset.
11. Check the integrity of your Windows installation
As a final step, you can check the health of your Windows installation by following the steps here.